Wonder how other blogs seem to be so cooler than yours?
Well I do the same, but sometimes the cool stuff you find on different blogs is what you have available on your blogging service (like Blogger, WordPress etc.) it's just that you either fail to notice them or are not searching/experimenting enough.
For e.g. notice the "Visitor Count" on my blog. No rocket science behind it. It's simple a gadget provided by Blogger itself, it's just that I have put in the heading "Visitor Count" and if you search for a gadget with the same name, you won't even get close to what you are looking for. This is because "Visitor Count" is NOT the name of the actual gadget, the real name is "Blog's Stats".
With my point proven; that for a nice, cool looking blog, all you need to do is search a bit; let me go through the process of adding gadgets. This is for newbie bloggers:
- Sign in to your blog.
- Click on "Design". Located on the top right corner of the menu.
- When in Design page, make sure you have the "Page Elements" tab selected.
Design - Page Elements
- Find "Add a Gadget" and click it.
Add a Gadget
- A new window would open. Here you can simply search for some gadget, or browse the different categories provided.
- When you've found a gadget that meets your liking, simply click on the "+" button, put in the settings if required and then click on "Save".
Add a Gadget Window
- And Voila! you have a new gadget added to your blog.
- Now back in the designs tab, drag the gadget to whatever location you want.
- And don't forget to click on "Save"